Key Largo is the diving capital of the world… there’s no better place to get open water diver certified for life in this 1 & 1/2 day course! Dive anywhere in the world, on your own boat, or with a tour agency. This course unlocks all of the worlds oceans for your exploring pleasure. Use this certification as an escape from the real world or get the whole family involved. Kids 10+ welcome!
Open Water Course Outline:
- Your Instructor
- All SCUBA gear you will use for the day including wet-suits if needed
- Pool fees
- Boat fees
- Water and candy on the boat
- Snacks when you arrive back at the shop
- Certification card & processing fees
What’s not included?
- A tip for your instructor $15 per person for fair service and $60 per person for excellent service is customary in the dive industry for the Open Water Course
- Your bathing suit & towel, please come prepared to spend the day in the water
- If you would like your Ocean Dives photo-documented, add the Private Guide fee of $60 and we will add an additional PADI professional to dive along and take a ton of photos and you.
What if I do not know how to swim?
- To be certified as an Open Water Diver for life you MUST be able to keep your head above water for 10 minutes & swim 200 meters without any swimming aids ( or 300 meters with mask, fins & snorkel) This is PADI standards and is true for every dive shop around the world. It is for your safety. If you cannot swim, please take swimming lessons before signing up for this course. There will be no refunds for those who cannot swim.
What skills am I going to learn?
- You will learn a lot of skills in this course such as mask clearing, regulator clearing, neutral buoyancy, emergency out of air techniques, equipment assembly, basic self rescue, basic buddy rescue, and much more.
How deep are we going to dive?
- On your first set of 2 open water dives you will not go deeper than 40ft
- On your second set of 2 open water dives you will not go deeper than 60ft
What if my schedule does not work with this course outline but I still want to get certified?
- No worries! we can work around your schedule completely! You do need at least 3 half days or 1 day and 1/2 to complete this course. Give us a call at 305-453-3446 for any scheduling concerns.
How old do I have to be?
- PADI requires that all divers be at least 10 years of age
Open Water Course Photo Gallery: