Advanced Open Water Diver Course
PADI Certifications in the Florida Keys with Sail Fish Scuba
Key Largo is the diving capital of the world, the ideal place to take your scuba certification to the next level.
Go deeper, increase buoyancy control, navigate the seas with ease and advanced your diving skills. If you don’t want to limit yourself to 60 ft dives relying solely on your compass to navigate, and instead dive to 100 ft comfortably while learning the secrets of natural navigation, this course is for you!
Advanced Open Water Diver Course Outline
Core Dive #1
Peak Performance Buoyancy
Swim like a fish without bumping into the sand / reef.
Core Dive #2
Navigate the seas without solely relying on your compass, learn the secrets to natural navigation.
Core Dive #3
Explore the deep abyss, get certified to dive to 100 feet where animals get bigger and air spaces get smaller.
Adventure Dives #4 & #5
Pick two of these suggested dives
- Boat Diving – Learn how we set up the boat and precautions when boat diving
- Underwater Photography – Perfect your picture taking skills underwater
- Under Water Naturalist – Identify Corals and learn to act responsibly with aquatic life
- Wreck Diving – Explore shipwrecks and take the first step to your wreck diving specialty
Review Medical Questionnaire
You will need to bring a signed letter from your doctor verifying that you are “fit for diving” before entering in the water.
Advanced Open Water Course
Pricing $479.00 + Tax
+ eLearner Fee
Registration Step 1
- Follow the link to register and pay PADI for your virtual classroom and virtual manual.
Registration Step 2
Book your certification course with us!
Schedule and Duration
*Check-in is an hour before each tour leaves!
- Leaves at 8:30 AM
- Returns at 12:00 – 12:30 PM
- Leaves at 1:00 PM
- Returns at 5:00 – 5:30 PM
Check-in is always an hour before each tour leaves!
Shop Closed Sunday – Tuesday
Frequently Asked Questions
- Your Instructor
- 5 advanced open water training dives – and possibly one extra fun dive!
- PADI certification & processing fees
- Certification card
- All SCUBA gear you will use for the day including wetsuits if needed
- Boat fees
- Water and candy on the boat
- Snacks when you arrive back at the shop
- A tip for your Instructor & boat crew $5 per person for fair service and $20 per person for excellent service for each boat trip is customary in the dive industry
- eLearning fee – This is paid directly to PADI through the link above
- Bathing suit & Towel
- This course consists of 5 dives spread out over a minimum of 1 day & 1/2 or three half days depending on your schedule
- Must be Open Water Certified PRIOR to this course
- Finish PADI e-Learner course before arrival
- Required to fill out Medical Waiver & email to dive shop before course date
Dive Certification Courses
Get certified or continue your education!