Required for all Non and Weak Swimmers wanting to go snorkeling while in the Florida Keys
Sorry – due to insurance changes:
No Non-Swimmers allowed!
The day starts out at 7:30am with a live classroom lesson on snorkeling skills and gear use. We will go over required paperwork and watch a short DVD lesson followed by a fitting in all required snorkeling and floatation gear for snorkeling. After a short drive to the lagoon, we will enter the water on a 3 feet deep platform where we will kneel and practice breathing from the snorkel and looking through the mask. Once comfortable with this, we will don the snorkeling fins and buoyant wetsuit and lifejacket. Next, we will start floating over the 3 feet deep platform until comfortable and not having to put feet down anymore.
Then we will proceed to practice the skill of finning/swimming at the surface in the buoyant gear while keeping our face in the water looking through the mask and breathing from the snorkel. After we are totally comfortable doing this over the shallow platform, we will proceed to independently snorkel around in the ocean lagoon looking at the fish and sponge growth.Upon 100% successful completion of independence snorkeling for a minimum of 30 minutes nonstop without any panic while in the water and being able to move 100% finning/snorkeling with zero assistance by our staff, the PADI Discover Snorkeling guest will be ready to join us for our group guided snorkeling tour off the afternoon boat this day. All signed up discover snorkeling guests must arrive no later to the dive shop than 7:30am to allow for enough time in the morning to achieve success to be able to join the afternoon boat 2 location reef sessions. Not everyone who signs up will have success learning as individual comfort levels vary. There is no refunds or adjustments to the day cost, however guests may opt to join the afternoon as a boat rider instead of snorkeling guest off the afternoon boat trip.
Snorkel Trips in Key Largo
Get fitted with our high quality snorkeling gear for your tour right behind our shop. Mask, Fins, (even booties and strap fins if you like them better than full foot fins!) and snorkels (which all come with purge valves!)
Each of our trips include a FREE PADI professional dive master or instructor level snorkel guide at a maximum ratio of 6 snorkelers to 1 guide. This guide will be taking FREE photos of your tour to take home. All tour photos are uploaded to our daily blog.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Professional experienced snorkel guide at a ratio of 6:1
- FREE PHOTOS
- Mask, Fins, Snorkel & Wetsuit
- 5 minute Snorkel 101 lesson before entering the water for those first-timers
- Pool noodles & snorkel vests for flotation if requested
- Water & candy on the boat
- Snacks when you return back to the shop
- A tip for your guide / crew $5 per person for fair service and $20 per person for excellent service is customary in the dive industry
- Your bathing suit & Towel
- A private guide.
- While we try to keep ratios as low as 8:1 – snorkelers to guide, sometimes our snorkelers want a little extra attention, this can be added on for an additional $100 at the time of booking
We welcome children over the age of 3. It is recommended for children under the age of 12 years to hire a private guide ($69 add-on).
This will make the trip safer and funner for your child.
- Many snorkelers experience Motion Sickness during the boat ride and sometimes in the water. This is easy to control by talking with your doctor or pharmacist about taking an over the counter Motion Sickness product such as Bonine
- There are no refunds for getting motion sickness. Please plan ahead
- Jelly season is late September – early December, we do get a few stragglers but the majority do come in the season.
- We put snorkel guests in wet suits and rash guards to protect you from stings
- Vinegar is always kept on board to ease jelly stings in the unlikely event you do manage to get stung.
Each and every single Non-Swimmer must add their own 1/1 Private Guide for this tour: $100 additional per each person. Non-swimmers not permitted to Share private guide.
Snorkeling Photo Gallery
Key Largo Snorkel Tours with Sail Fish Scuba
Discover Snorkel Trip Information
Guided Tropical Reef Experience For All Ages
Guided Afternoon Snorkel Trips
- 11:45 AM | Afternoon trip check-in time.
- If you arrive late of your check-in time you will forfeit your reservation and be held to payment in full.
- 12:30 PM | The boat leaves the dock.
- 1:45 PM | Arrive at your first dive site.
- You will have 45 – 50 min snorkeling time with your guide.
- 2:45 PM | Arrive at your second dive site.
- Another 45-50 min snorkel.
- 3:50 PM | Leave the second dive site.
- 4:30-5:00 PM | Arrive back at Sail Fish Scuba.