Key Largo Snorkel Trip (PM)
Snorkeling in the Florida Keys with Sail Fish Scuba
Join us for a snorkel experience you will never forget! Make life-long memories with your family & friends! Your guide will point out tons of wildlife out on the reef and take Facebook-worthy photos of the entire tour for FREE!!
Check-in at our shop located at 103100 Overseas Highway, STE 33 Key Largo, FL. Keys at 12:00 PM to 12:10 PM (No Later!). Meet the staff and complete your waivers for the tour and ride on the boat.
Half-Day 2 Location Snorkel Trip
Pricing $89.00 + Tax
Schedule and Duration
*Check-in is an hour before each tour leaves!
- Leaves at 8:30 AM
- Returns at 12:00 – 12:30 PM
- Leaves at 1:00 PM
- Returns at 5:00 – 5:30 PM
Check-in is always an hour before each tour leaves!
Morning Boat Only
- Leaves at 8:30 AM
- Returns at 12:30 – 1:00 PM
Check-in is always an hour before each tour leaves!
Shop Closed on Mondays
Snorkel Trips in Key Largo
Get fitted with our high quality snorkeling gear for your tour right behind our shop. Mask, Fins, (even booties and strap fins if you like them better than full foot fins!) and snorkels (which all come with purge valves!)
Each of our trips include a FREE PADI professional dive master or instructor level snorkel guide at a maximum ratio of 6 snorkelers to 1 guide. This guide will be taking FREE photos of your tour to take home. All tour photos are uploaded to our daily blog.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Professional experienced snorkel guide at a ratio of 6:1
- FREE PHOTOS
- Mask, Fins, Snorkel & Wetsuit
- 5 minute Snorkel 101 lesson before entering the water for those first-timers
- Pool noodles & snorkel vests for flotation if requested
- Water & candy on the boat
- Snacks when you return back to the shop
- A tip for your guide / crew $5 per person for fair service and $20 per person for excellent service is customary in the dive industry
- Your bathing suit & Towel
- A private guide.
- While we try to keep ratios as low as 6:1 – snorkelers to guide, sometimes our snorkelers want a little extra attention, this can be added on for an additional $69 at the time of booking
We welcome children over the age of 3. It is recommended for children under the age of 12 years to hire a private guide ($69 add-on).
This will make the trip safer and funner for your child.
- Many snorkelers experience Motion Sickness during the boat ride and sometimes in the water. This is easy to control by talking with your doctor or pharmacist about taking an over the counter Motion Sickness product such as Bonine
- There are no refunds for getting motion sickness. Please plan ahead
- Jelly season is late September – early December, we do get a few stragglers but the majority do come in the season.
- We put snorkel guests in wet suits and rash guards to protect you from stings
- Vinegar is always kept on board to ease jelly stings in the unlikely event you do manage to get stung.
No worries! We will provide the required private guide for an additional $69 to ensure your safety while snorkeling.
- Maximum 2 non-swimmers per private guide. They only have 2 hands!
Snorkeling Photo Gallery
Key Largo Snorkel Tours with Sail Fish Scuba
Afternoon Snorkel Trip Information
Guided Tropical Reef Experience For All Ages
Guided Afternoon Snorkel Trips
- 12:00 PM | Afternoon trip check-in time.
- If you arrive late of your check-in time you will forfeit your reservation and be held to payment in full.
- 1:00 PM | The boat leaves the dock.
- 1:45 PM | Arrive at your first dive site.
- You will have 45 – 50 min snorkeling time with your guide.
- 2:45 PM | Arrive at your second dive site.
- Another 45-50 min snorkel.
- 3:50 PM | Leave the second dive site.
- 4:30-5:00 PM | Arrive back at Sail Fish Scuba.
Getting to the Snorkeling Sites
Hop aboard our Snorkel / Dive Boat DEEPER and meet your crew!
After a short safety briefing, you will split up into individual groups. Then, your guide will give you a how-to snorkel lesson and explain how to get on & off the snorkel boat.
About the time your lesson is over, you will be inside of the United States largest mangrove jungle! Be sure to take lots of photos and keep an eye out for manatees and dolphins. As you exit the mangrove jungle, the ocean waters of Key Largo will begin to turn a beautiful clear blue.
Finally, you will be able to see straight to the bottom! This is the perfect time for those before snorkel top-side boat pictures while your hair is still dry.
Entry – Getting off the Snorkel Boat
About 10 minutes out, the captain will give the warning to start getting ready. At this time, you will see the first mate run to the bow to hook up DEEPER to one of Key Largo’s many mooring balls.
We visit more dive sites than any other shop in Key Largo. If you are the first person to complete a booking for the day of your tour you get to pick 1 of the 2 dive sites!
As you scoot back to the stern of the boat, go ahead and begin putting on your fins. You will want to be ready when the engines turn off so you have the maximum allowable in-water time possible. Slide into the crystal clear waters and hold onto the tag line until your whole group has entered the water. LOOK DOWN!
In The Water – Guided Snorkel Experience
Remember, to have a great snorkel experience, you have to keep your face in the water! LOOK DOWN! Keep and eye on your guide at all times, they will be pointing out all of the cool things you might miss without their sharp eye. Such as camouflage turtles sleeping in the reef, sharks zipping past, elegant eagle rays flying by. At the same time, your guide will be taking tons of photos for you to show your family or use as your new social media profile photo!
Surfacing – Getting Back on the Snorkel Boat
After about 50 minutes of snorkeling you will head back to the boat. Take your fins off in the water and hand them up to the crew then climb aboard! Quickly grab a sip of fresh water. But don’t get too comfortable! The next snorkel site is only a short 5-10 minute boat ride away! You will soon get to jump back in and do it all again!!
Returning to the Dive Shop
On the way back into the shop be sure to rinse off in our hot water shower to remove all of the salt from your face and body. If you rented a wet-suit turn it right side out and place it next to the weight bin. Your crew will take care of the rest of your gear for you. A tip jar will be at the front desk $5 per person for fair service and $20 per person for excellent service is customary in the dive industry and will be split between all the crew evenly at the end of each tour.
Dive Shop Amenities
When you arrive back at the shop, there will be two full rinse bins. One for your mask and with a little bleach and one for everything else with a little added fabuloso to keep your gear smelling like flowers! Heading up the stairs you will find a freshwater garden shower with shampoo, conditioner, and body soap to freshen up. Moving along inside the shop there will be snacks on the back table by the sofa as well as a hot drink and cold water station to refuel.
On the behalf of Sail Fish Scuba we love to thank all of our guests for choosing us as your snorkel operator. If you did not have an amazing trip or have any recommendations at all please let one of the owners or staff members know immediately so we can fix this issue and make sure it does not happen in the future. We know no one is perfect, but we cannot fix problems unless they are brought to our attention.
If you have a great time on your tour please give us a great review on Trip Advisor, Yelp, Google Maps, Facebook, or other social media sites. We do not do any advertising and rely solely on our customer service and repeat guests to ensure we will be open for years to come.