Open Water Diver Course in Key Largo
PADI Certifications in the Florida Keys with Sail Fish Scuba
Key Largo is the diving capital of the world, there’s no better place to get open water diver certified for life in this 1 & 1/2 day course!
Dive anywhere in the world, on your own boat, or with a tour agency. This course unlocks all of the worlds oceans for your exploring pleasure. Use this certification as an escape from the real world or get the whole family involved. Kids 10+ welcome!
Open Water Certification
Day 1 | 8:00 AM
Check-in at the shop, fill out paperwork, take a head shot for your certification card, get fitted for gear, participate in a short classroom session with your instructor, complete your E-learning quick review quiz, & learn equipment assembly & disassembly.
Day 1 | 9:00 AM
Load up in your car and head to the pool to take your first breaths underwater!! Complete confined water sessions 1-5 and learn all necessary skills needed to become a certified diver with your Instructor.
Day 1 | 12:30 PM
After a lunch break, meet back at the shop to prepare for you first 2 open water ocean dives! You will enjoy a 45 minute boat ride through the largest mangrove jungle in the United States. You will have about an hour at each of the two dive sites to complete your open water & surface skills while having fun exploring the dives sites. Your instructor will point out wildlife such as turtles, stingrays, eels, and if you’re lucky maybe even a shark!
Day 1 | 5:00 - 5:30 PM
Arrive back at the shop, rinse your gear, & fill out log books with your instructor before heading out for happy hour!
Day 2 | 8:00 AM
Check-in at the shop, set up your gear and prepare for your last 2 open water dives under an instructor.
Day 2 | 8:30 AM
You will again enjoy a 45 minute boat ride through the largest mangrove jungle in the United States. Up on arrival our Captain will give you about an hour at each of the two dive sites. Then you will complete your final open water and surface skills at the first site. Finally, at the second site you will lead your final dive!! Your Instructor will follow along to asses the knowledge and skills you have learned during this course as well as to be there if you need any help! At last surface as a CERTIFIED DIVER FOR LIFE!!
Day 2 | 12:00 - 12:30 PM
Arrive back at the shop, rinse your gear, & fill out log books with your instructor before heading out to explore the world as a certified diver!
Open Water Diver Course
Pricing $469.00 + Tax
+ eLearner Fee
Registration Step 1
- Follow the link to register and pay PADI for your virtual classroom and virtual manual.
Registration Step 2
Book your certification course with us!
Schedule and Duration
*Check-in is an hour before each tour leaves!
What if my schedule does not work with this course outline but I still want to get certified?
- No worries! we can work around your schedule completely! You do need at least 3 half days or 1 day and 1/2 to complete this course. Give us a call at 305-453-3446 for any scheduling concerns.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Your Instructor
- All SCUBA gear you will use for the day including wet-suits if needed
- Pool fees
- Boat fees
- Water and candy on the boat
- Snacks when you arrive back at the shop
- Certification card & processing fees
- A tip for your instructor $15 per person for fair service and $60 per person for excellent service is customary in the dive industry for the Open Water Course
- Your bathing suit & towel, please come prepared to spend the day in the water
- If you would like your Ocean Dives photo-documented, add the Private Guide fee of $100 and we will add an additional PADI professional to dive along and take a ton of photos and you.
To be certified as an Open Water Diver for life you MUST be able to keep your head above water for 10 minutes & swim 200 meters without any swimming aids ( or 300 meters with mask, fins & snorkel) This is PADI standards and is true for every dive shop around the world. It is for your safety. If you cannot swim, please take swimming lessons before signing up for this course. There will be no refunds for those who cannot swim.
You will learn a lot of skills in this course such as mask clearing, regulator clearing, neutral buoyancy, emergency out of air techniques, equipment assembly, basic self rescue, basic buddy rescue, and much more.
- On your first set of 2 open water dives you will not go deeper than 40ft
- On your second set of 2 open water dives you will not go deeper than 60ft
- PADI requires that all divers be at least 10 years of age
Review Medical Questionnaire
Other Dive Certifications
Get certified or continue your education!